The Ship Captain’s Medical Guide is intended primarily for use on ships where a medical professional, such as a doctor is unavailable on board when it becomes necessary to assess and treat injuries and illnesses. The guide can also be recommended for use in other situations where professional medical advice is not readily available, for example on expeditions.
The guide has been comprehensively rewritten for the 23rd Edition, reflecting the current best practices, applying this to the maritime environment.
– Flow charts to aid evaluation and treatment
– Clear, authoritative advice and easy-to-follow guidance
– Step-by-step illustrations to explain emergency procedures
– Quick-reference lists regarding history and examination
– Cross references to further detail
– Anatomical illustrations