Assessing Behavioural Competence On Board
London: 6 March – 8 March 2019
The Nautical Institute is launching a brand new course exploring assessment of behavioural competence on board ships. This 2.5 day, instructor-led programme provides best practice guidance for those engaged in the assessment of seafarers.
An onboard assessment examines whether seafarer training has been successful, asking whether lessons have really been learnt and are being applied. This course walks you through the entire process, including how to organise, administer and conduct an assessment.
Participants will learn to:
- Determine effective assessment methodologies;
- Organise, administer and carry out an onboard assessment;
- Apply the international provisions concerning the training and assessment of officers and ratings on board ships.
The course meets:
- OCIMF and INTERTANKO’s requirements for Behavioural Competency Assessment and Verification for Vessel Operators November 2018 Edition;
- IMO Model course 1.30 – Onboard Assessment.
This course will be of particular interest to senior shipboard officers, DPAs, operational ship managers, consultants and superintendents.