The World Ocean Council released the “Ocean Governance and the Private Sector.” This is an ocean review and foresight document based on continuing WOC work with and for the global ocean business community on Ocean Governance.
The report identifies problems, solutions and opportunities for engaging the ocean business community in Ocean Governance regarding the following opportunities and challenges:
- Industry Involvement In Ocean Governance Development;
- Ocean Governance Based On Sector-By-Sector Approach;
- Ocean Data And Monitoring;
- Ocean Surveillance And Maritime Domain Awareness;
- Cross-Sectoral And Cumulative Impacts To The Ocean;
- Global Standards For Management Tools And Approaches In Support Of Ocean Governance;
- Multiple UN And Intergovernmental Agencies And Processes Dealing With Ocean Governance;
- Regional Institutions And Approaches To Ocean Governance;
- New And Emerging Ocean Uses;
- Ocean Geopolitical Challenges To Peace, Security And Stability.