This guide has been produced to help shipowners prepare their ships for lay-up and maintain them in a safe and cost-effective condition when they are out of service.
The lay-up condition you choose will be determined by a combination of technical and commercial factors, including:
- the time the vessel will be in lay-up condition
- the time that will be needed to reactivate the vessel
- the need to reduce overhead running costs
- the relocation of the vessel to its next intended destination, and
- the age of the vessel and its scrap value.
Please email email@example.com to request your PDF copy of the guide. – Source Lloyds Register & Maritime Cyprus.